Bushfire Education Foundation Inc
10 things you need to know about Bushfires
- You are responsible for your own safety during a bushfire.
- Develop your personal fire plan; it will help if you are impacted by a bushfire.
- Bushfires have the power to impact on suburban houses.
- Leave early, roads become extremely dangerous, don't drive into smoke.
- If you are in a car have a full tank of fuel, drinking water and a woolen blanket.
- Trapped in your car find a clear space and face the car towards the fire.
- Your mobile phone may not work during a bushfire.
- Bushfires can travel up to 25 K's per hour, can you run that fast and for how long.
- Radiant heat can kill you up to 300 meters from the fire, you can't see it.
- Knowledge about bushfires will give you better survival skills.